Moshe Barnajian, M.D.
Board-Certified Colorectal and General Surgeon
Moshe Barnajian, M.D., is a board certified colorectal and general surgeon who is committed to providing comprehensive and compassionate care through minimally invasive and advanced surgical techniques.* He is the newest member of the The Surgery Group of Los Angeles. His specialized training has provided him with the advanced expertise in all aspects of colon, rectal, and anal surgery from laparoscopic and robotic colon resection for colorectal cancer and inflammatory bowel disease to complex anorectal disease including hemorrhoids, fissures, fistula and HIV related anorectal disorders.* He has been in practice at the Colorectal Surgery Institute in Glendale, CA since 2013.
Dr. Barnajian is a member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, the American College of Surgeons, and the European Association of Endoscopic Surgery. He has participated and lectured in both national and international meetings and has published multiple peer reviewed articles in prestigious journals including Colorectal Disease. He is a medical peer reviewer for multiple colorectal journals including Techniques in Coloproctology and Colorectal Disease.
Education & Medical Training
Dr. Barnajian earned his bachelor of arts degree at the University of California, Berkeley. His studies continued in Philadelphia where he attended Drexel University College of Medicine and earned his medical degree. He returned to Los Angeles and completed a general surgery residency program at the prestigious Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. During his last year of training at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, he served as administrative chief resident. Following his residency, he spent a year in New York to complete a fellowship in colon and rectal surgery at Stony Brook University.
When to Schedule Your Consultation
- If the discomfort felt from hemorrhoids is no longer soothed by over-the-counter treatments*
- If you have been diagnosed with colon cancer, Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, or other diseases of the colon*
- If you are experiencing constant abdominal pain, or if you suspect that you have a hernia*
- For routine colonoscopies and colon screenings*
- If your daily life is disrupted by incontinence and bowel movements*
- If you have are experiencing anal bleeding or pain*
- If you are interested in surgical options that are minimally invasive*
- If you are interested in robotic surgery as a treatment option*
- If you want the most advanced, sphincter-preserving treatment for rectal cancer*
- If you want a second opinion on a recent diagnosis*
Dr. Barnajian Performs the Following Procedures:
- Robotic surgery
- Laproscopic surgery (also known as bandaid surgery)
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM)
- Minimally invasive trans-anal surgery
- Surgical procedures for hemorrhoids:*
- Hemorrhoidal sclerotherapy*
- Procedure for prolapse and hemorrhoids (PPH)*
- Rubber-band ligation*
- Thrombotic hemorrhoid treatment*
- Abscess drainage, fistulotomy, fissure treatment*
- Surgery for pilonidal disease*
- Surgical and medical treatments for fecal incontinence*
- Implantation of Sacral Nerve Stimulator for fecal incontinence*
- Rectal prolapse surgical treatments*
- Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis surgery*
- Rectal Pouch (also known as J-Pouch or an IPAA)*
- Sphincter-preserving rectal surgery*
* Individual results may vary.